The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program provides a temporary partial wage replacement to Minnesota workers who become unemployed through no fault of their own.
If you've become unemployed or had your hours greatly reduced, you should:
- Complete the Application Process - let us determine whether or not you are eligible.
- Read the Information Handbook.
- Look for letters in the mail about your benefit amount and how to request benefit payment.
- Request a benefit payment every week, even if your eligibility is being determined.
- Respond to all requests for information completely, honestly and in a timely manner.