Job seeking resources
Start at your WorkForce Center
If you need a job, want a better job, or just want to know your options, start your search at your nearest WorkForce Center.
Minnesota WorkForce Centers offer a variety of career services. Get help with your job search, research companies or register for a workshop – all at your local WorkForce Center. Most of our services are provided at no charge!
Customized services to meet your needs
- Individual meetings with professional staff – just drop in or schedule an appointment online.
- Resume reviews to tailor your resume to your job goals
- Job search coaching
- Job clubs
- Interview practice to help you get that job
- Workshops to connect with other job seekers and keep current on hiring trends
- Opportunities to meet employers in-person
- Training programs and schools – with specialized programs matching indemand occupations
- Labor market information – customized by region and industry
- Veterans employment services
- Employment services and programs for people with disabilities
Continue your search online
Minnesota Works is the state’s largest NO-FEE online job bank listing as many as 95,200 jobs in many industries and occupations. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can upload, copy and paste, and build up to five resumes in your account. Innovative technology matches your resumes to job openings posted daily.
CareerOneStop offers free tools and resources to help you explore careers, make education and training decisions, and search for jobs. The website has a local training finder, a resume guide, a salary finder, and other career and labor market tools. CareerOneStop.org/WorkerReEmployment has a step-by-step My Reemployment Plan guide to finding a job.
Dislocated Worker Program
The Dislocated Worker Program offers free services to help laid off, eligible individuals find suitable re-employment. Services include career counseling, employability assessments, and options for training. Working with career counselors who know what employers need and are trained in the most up-to-date job search techniques help reduce job seekers’ stress and uncertainty.