Contact customer service
If you have a question, talk to an Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Representative. Only UI Customer Service Representatives can provide accurate answers to your unemployment insurance questions.
The automated phone system is available Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Customer Service is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.:
To speak directly to a representative, call the automated phone system:
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090;
- TTY - for the hearing impaired: 1-866-814-1252
- Make your language choice: press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for Hmong, or 4 for Somali.
(If you need another language, press 1 and follow the steps below to speak to a representative and request an interpreter.)
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your password and then press the # key.
OR -If you are not asked to enter your password, press 2, and then press 0 to speak to a representative.
- Press 2 for other options.
- Press 3 for answers to commonly asked questions or to speak with a representative, then press 0 to speak to a representative.
We make every effort to answer your call quickly. Our phones are busiest on Monday and in the mornings. You are more likely to avoid wait times if you call in the afternoon or later in the week.
Mailing Address and Fax Number
UI Customer Service
P.O. Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101-4629