If you exhaust your Regular State Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits, you may qualify for Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC).
Highlights of EUC Benefits:
- If you exhaust your Regular State UI Benefits by the end of December 2013, you can apply for EUC and receive up to 14 weeks of extended benefits.
- When you are close to exhausting your Regular State UI Benefits, we will send you a letter instructing you how to apply.
- Currently, your EUC weekly benefit amount is the same as your Regular State UI weekly weekly benefit amount. Beginning 3-31-2013, your EUC weekly benefit amount will be about 89 percent of your Regular State UI weekly benefit amount (see note on federal sequestration below)
- We will calculate your exact EUC weekly benefit amount after you apply.
- In addition to all other regular UI eligibility requirements, the EUC program requires that you make an even more intensive work search each week.
- Your work search efforts will be monitored closely
EUC and Federal Sequestration:
Federal Sequestration affects EUC payments beginning the week of 3-31-2013.
- For weeks prior to 3-31-2013, your EUC weekly benefit amount will be the same as your Regular State UI weekly benefit amount.
- Beginning with the week of 3-31-2013, your EUC weekly benefit amount will be reduced to about 89 percent of your Regular State UI weekly benefit amount.
- For example: if your Regular State UI weekly benefit amount was $100, under federal sequestration, your EUC weekly benefit amount will be $89.
- We will send you a Determination of Benefit Account to tell you what your EUC weekly benefit amount will be.
If you have Already Exhausted EUC Benefits: EUC benefits:If you have worked since last applying for Regular State UI benefits, you may be able to establish a new Regular UI account. Log in to your account and look for the Apply for Benefits link in the upper left corner of your home page.
Eligibility for EUC is determined by federal law.
If you have questions about your benefits or how long they will last, please call UI Customer Service.
If you need information about community and financial resources see Financial Help and Community Services.