This is similar to the online manual entry method, but even easier. This option brings forward the employee information entered for a previous quarter - you just enter the hours worked and current quarter wage information and the tax due is calculated automatically.
Any employer that submits a wage detail report, but fails to include all employee information or enters erroneous information, shall be subject to an administrative service fee of $25 for each employee for whom the information is partially missing or erroneous. An administrative service fee may be canceled under certain circumstances.
To submit a wage detail report copied from a previous quarter:
- Log in to your account at www.uimn.org
- On My Home Page, click Tax and Wage Detail Reporting.
- Click Submit Wage Detail.
- On the next page, under Reporting Period, select the quarter and year for which you are submitting data.
- Under Filing Methods, select Copy Names and SSNs from Previous Quarters, and then click Next.
- Under Prior Quarter Search, select the year and the quarter you want to copy, and then click Search.
- Under Submitted Reports, select the option button next to the submitted report to be copied, and then click Next.
- Update/Add/Delete employee wage detail information:
- Current employee(s): Enter gross wages and hours worked.
- New employee(s): Enter Social Security numbers, gross wages, hours worked, and reporting unit.
- Former employee(s): Delete information.
IMPORTANT: When entering wage detail information across multiple pages:
- Complete each page, and then click Save before clicking the next page number to continue on.
- Do not click Next until the very end when you have completed and saved all pages.
- Once all wage detail information is entered, on the final entry page, click Save, and then click Next.
- Complete the 12th of the month data for each reporting unit, and then click Next. The Wage Detail Report Summary page will display.
- Review information.
If incorrect, click Previous to go back and review entries.
Click Save and Exit to return and update the entries at a later time.
- If correct, click Next.
- Review the total amount due, and then click Submit Wage Detail. The Wage Detail Submission Confirmation page opens with a confirmation number. Print the page for your records. At this point, you can choose to make a payment. Follow instructions below to make a payment.
To make a payment:
- Click Make Payment.
- Select the statement period and year from the drop down menu, then click Search if you want to view the balance of a previous statement period; otherwise, click Make Payment. The Employer Payment Information page opens.
- Enter the payment amount and select a payment method from drop down menu, click Next.
Paper Check Method:
- Paper check payment information displays, click Next. A File Download box will display.
- Click Open to view the payment voucher
- or -
Click Save to save the voucher to your computer.
- Submit the lower portion of the voucher along with your check to the specified address.
Electronic Payment Method:
- Enter Routing Transit Number, Bank Account Number, Account Type (from drop down menu) and Payment Effective Date, and then click Next.
- Review Electronic Check Payment Information, and then click Submit. The Receipt of Payment displays.