Follow these steps to file an appeal for tax rates, succession, worker status and personal liability issues or election of coverage. Appeals must be filed electronically, by mail or fax to the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Appeals Office.
(For instructions on how to appeal a determination for benefits involving an applicant, see File an Appeal: Benefit Determinations.)
To file an appeal electronically:
- Log in to your account at www.uimn.org
- On My Home Page, click Tax Appeals.
- Click File Tax Appeal.
- Select the determination you want to appeal.
- Follow the instructions on each page until you get to the File Appeal page.
- On the File Appeal page, click Start Filing an Appeal.
- Enter Contact Information, and then click Next.
- Enter Hearing Details, and then click Next.
Note: If you indicate in the Hearing Details that the employer will be represented by an attorney, the Attorney Information page will open. Enter the required contact information, and then click Next.
- Under Schedule Your Hearing, select the option button for the date and time of the hearing you want to attend, and then click File Appeal.
- Your Confirmation page will indicate your appeal was successfully filed.
- Click the Print button for a copy of your confirmation.
- Click the Add Witness/Non-Attorney Representative button to add a witness or non-attorney representative.
- Enter the names and phone numbers of your witnesses and non-attorney representatives, and then click Submit.
- You will return to the confirmation page. It will indicate your witnesses or non-attorney representatives have been added.
Note: To have evidence considered in the hearing fax* or mail your evidence five or more days before the hearing along with the Appeal Document Submission Form included with your Notice of Appeal to the Appeals office.
*The Appeals Office fax # is: 651-205-4007. No other fax number should ever be used unless instructed to do so.