Contact customer service
If you have a question, talk to an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Customer Service Representative. Only UI Customer Service Representatives can provide accurate answers to your unemployment insurance questions.
The automated phone system is available Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Customer Service is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.:
To speak to a representative, call the automated phone system:
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090;
- TTY - for the hearing impaired: 1-866-814-1252
- Select a language: press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for Hmong, or 4 for Somali.
If you need another language, you can request and interpreter when you speak to a representative.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your password and then press the # key.
OR -If you are not asked to enter your password, press 2, and then press 0 to speak to a representative.
- Press 2 for other options.
- Press 3 for answers to commonly asked questions. To speak with a representative, press 3 and then 0.
Visit www.uimn.org for answers to common questions. Due to COVID-19, our customer service wait times are currently longer than normal. If you need to call, you should expect to be on hold for some time. Once you are on hold, stay on hold. We answer calls in the order they are received, so hanging up and calling back means you lose your place in line (and you will need to start over).
Mailing Address and Fax Number
UI Customer Service
P.O. Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101-4629