skip to content
Primary navigation

Information Handbook

Report work when requesting benefit payments

Each time you request a benefit payment, we ask if you worked during the week you are requesting. 

If you worked in any job, you must report all the hours you worked and all the money you earned – every single week. There are no exceptions.

You must always report:

  • Total hours worked each week.
  • Total gross earnings each week, before deductions and taxes.
    Earnings include wages, tips, salary, commission, or cash; self-employment income; or the value of any rent, goods, or services you received for working.

You must report your earnings for the week you performed the work, not the week when you are paid. Keep a record of your hours worked (Sunday through Saturday) regardless of when you will be paid for those hours. If you worked for more than one employer in a week, combine your earnings and hours from all employers.

For self-employment, report your weekly earnings after you deduct your direct business expenses for that week. For more information about reporting self-employment, go to: Self-Employment).

What work am I required to report?

  • 22c-checkmark.jpgAny hourly wages
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgAny salary payments 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgAny tips / commissions 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgEarnings from a part-time or on-call job, even if you had that job before you became unemployed from your main job 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgEarnings from a temporary job or a job outside your usual occupation 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgSelf-employment, working for cash, or volunteer work 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgPay received from your last week at your old job 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgPay received from your first week at your new job 
  • 22c-checkmark.jpgA training or trial period at a new employer, paid or unpaid
back to top