skip to content
Primary navigation

Credit adjustments / refunds

Reference: Minnesota Law, §268.057 Subd.7

Employers that overpay their unemployment insurance tax amount due for a quarter can request a credit adjustment within four years from the date the tax payment was originally due. If a credit cannot be used, a refund will be paid.

For step-by-step instruction to request a credit adjustment and refund, reference Review Account Balance in the Employer Self-Service System User Guide.

NOTE: The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program will adjust any reporting errors found as a result of an audit. Employers will be notified of any resulting overpayment or underpayment by mail or electronic transmission.

This handbook is based on current UI legislation; statements are intended for general information and do not have the effect of law. The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Law - MN Statutes 268.001 to 268.23 and Administrative Rules 3310 and 3315 - can be accessed through our website at by clicking Employers & Agents, Help and Support, then the UI Law link.

Back to the Table of Contents

back to top