The first step to gaining secure access to your clients' Minnesota Unemployment Insurance (UI) Employer Self-Service account information is to complete the agent registration process.
NOTE: Agents must register:
- as an agent with the Minnesota UI Program, to do business on behalf of their client.
- for a UI Employer Account, if they have employees in Minnesota.
To register as an agent:
- Go to www.uimn.org
- Click Employers & Agents.
- Under I Need To...Register for an Account, click Agents.
- Click Agent Registration.
- Fill in the requested information on the Register as an Agent page.
- Click Next. (See example)
NOTE: Agents who have an employer account number should enter the number in the box provided.
The person completing the registration process for a Unemployment Insurance (UI) agent account automatically becomes the System Administrator for the agent. The System Administrator:
- can create user IDs for other agent users.
- will have secure access (along with any other agent users created) to the account information of all clients who have authorized access and assigned the proper role(s) to your agent ID.
Once registered for an agent account, the next step is to have your client(s) authorize you as their agent. Step-by-step instructions to provide to your client(s) are available in the Agent Authorization/Assign User Roles section of the Employer Self-Service System User Guide.
NOTE: Agents should log in to their agent account to conduct UI business on behalf of their client(s); they should not log in to their client's employer account to conduct such business.