Instructions for filing an appeal
If you disagree with a determination you received, you can file an appeal. When you file an appeal, a hearing with an Unemployment Law Judge will be scheduled. Appeal hearings are done by phone. Appeals can be filed online by logging in to your account, by fax, or by mail.
Agents filing an appeal on behalf of an employer are required to file the appeal online. This does not apply to:
- A licensed attorney who is directly representing an employer on appeal or;
- An employee filing an appeal for their employer.
- Benefit Determinations - A determination or decision for benefits involving an applicant.
- Tax Determinations - Tax rates, succession, worker status and personal liability issues or election of coverage.
To file an appeal by:
Mail: P.O. Box 4629, St. Paul, MN 55101-4629
NOTE: If you file an appeal by fax or mail, you must include:
- The name and title of the person filing the appeal.
- The reason for the appeal.
- Include the Issue ID and applicant's Social Security number if you are appealing a benefit determination.