Using your password
Your password and Social Security number allow you secure access to your benefit account and serve as an electronic signature. If you forget your password, you can reset it online or by phone.
Reset your password online at www.uimn.org: reset
- Select Applicants and then Log in to your account.
- Enter your Social Security number, select the "Forgot your password" checkbox and then select Login.
- Answer the security question you chose when you applied for benefits. Reset your password.
- If you forgot the answer to your security question, use the phone and follow the instructions below.
Reset your password by phone:
- Call the automated phone system:
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
- Teletypewriter (TTY) users: 1-866-814-1252
- Select a language.
Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, 3 for Hmong, or 4 for Somali.
(If you need another language, press 1 and follow the steps below to reset your password or ask for an interpreter.)
- Enter your Social Security number. When you hear the prompt to enter your password, press the #key.
- Answer your security question using the keypad on your phone (up to 8 characters) and then press the # key. Follow the prompts to reset your password.
- If you do not have a security question on file, you will be connected to a representative (if you need an interpreter, tell the representative).
If you forgot the answer to your security question, after multiple attempts, you will either be connected to a representative or hear: "Press 2 to speak to a representative." (If you need an interpreter, tell the representative).