Termination of election of coverage
To terminate election of coverage, you must notify the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program through your online account by December 1st of the second year or any subsequent year. Coverage ends on December 31st of the year of notification.
To terminate an election of coverage:
- Log in to your account at www.uimn.org
- On My Home Page, click Account Maintenance.
- Click Terminate Election of Coverage. The Terminate Election of Coverage page opens.
- Select the option button for the class of workers to have canceled coverage.
- Check the checkbox I/We hereby make application for termination of coverage in accordance with the provisions of Section 268.042 Subd. 3(a) of Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Law
- Click Submit. The Terminate Election of Coverage Confirmation page confirms the termination.