You may be required to participate in a Reemployment Session. These sessions are designed to help prepare you to find your next job by connecting you to resources such as CareerForce - Minnesota’s career development and jobs resource.
Looking for work is your full-time job while you receive unemployment benefits. Finding your next job may be a challenge. You need to know the most up-to-date work search methods and keep up with labor market changes. Reemployment assistance is available to make sure that you have the tools you need to get back to work quickly.
If you are scheduled for a Reemployment Session:
- Participation is mandatory. Failure to participate will result in denial of benefits.
- You will be notified in a letter mailed to you, through messages in your online account, and when accessing your account on the phone.
- You will also receive a message on your account requiring you to complete a Job Search Self-assessment and Work Search Plan.
CareerForce staff will help you:
- Assess your job seeking needs
- Prepare a reemployment plan
Resources and workshops in CareerForce location are available at no cost and can help you with:
- Resume writing
- Other job seeking activities