skip to content
Primary navigation

Instructions for filing an appeal

If you disagree with a determination you received, you can file an appeal. When you file an appeal, a hearing with an Unemployment Law Judge will be scheduled. Appeal hearings are done by phone. Appeals can be filed online by logging in to your account, by fax, or by mail.

To file an appeal online:

  1. Log in to your account.
  2. On My Home Page, select View and Maintain My Account.
  3. Click Determination and Issue Summary.
  4. Under the heading 'Determination of Eligibility and Decisions', click the Issue Identification Number of the determination that makes you ineligible.
  5. Click File.

To file an appeal by:

Fax: 651-205-4007
Mail: P.O. Box 4629, St. Paul, MN 55101-4629

NOTE: If you file an appeal by fax or mail, you must:

  • Indicate who is filing the appeal.
  • State the reason for the appeal.
  • Include the Issue ID.
  • Include Social Security number.
back to top