Contact customer service
If you have a question, talk to an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Customer Service Representative. Only UI Customer Service Representatives can provide accurate answers to your unemployment insurance questions.
Customer Service is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The automated phone system is available Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
To speak to a representative:
- Call the automated phone system:
Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090;
TTY - for the hearing impaired: 1-866-814-1252
- Select a language: English, Spanish, Hmong, or Somali. If you need another language, you can request and interpreter when you speak to a representative.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your password and then press the # key.
OR -If you are not asked to enter your password, press 2, and then press 0 to speak to a representative.
- Press 2 for other options.
- Press 3 for answers to commonly asked questions. To speak with a representative, press 0.
Visit www.uimn.org for answers to common questions. This is the only official source for information about unemployment benefits. Be careful when reading information on social media, which may not always be accurate.
Mailing Address and Fax Number
UI Customer Service
P.O. Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101-4629