Requesting benefit payments
When do I request benefit payments?
- You must request a payment for each week you are unemployed.
- Request a payment even if we are deciding your eligibility or you are waiting for an appeal hearing or decision.
- You may lose payments for weeks you do not request on time.
Request a benefit payment onlineonline
You can request a payment online Sunday - Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Select Applicants and then Log in to My Account.
- Log in to your account using your Social Security number and password.
- Select Request Benefit Payment.
Request a benefit payment by phonephone
The table below lists the day and time to request your benefit payment.
- Call the automated phone system:
- Twin Cities calling area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
- Teletypewriter (TTY) users: 1-866-814-1252
- Select a language: English, Spanish, Hmong, or Somali.
If you need another language, follow the steps on the Contact us page to speak to a representative and request an interpreter.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your password and then press the # key.
- You may hear important messages about your account.
- After the messages, listen to your options and choose Request Benefit Payment.